Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Cloisonné ceramics in reflected ultraviolet and simulated bee vision photography

Today about ceramics, Cloisonné especially and reflected UV photography. I have three different objects here as targets, from Thailand and India. For that test I'm using my the UV-Nikkor 105mm, as well as my "work horse" UV filter, the Baader-U filter and my bee vision simulating XBV6 filter. Light source was a modified Xenon flash. All shots were done at f11.

[click on image to see a larger one]

Diptych Visual light (top) and reflected UV light image (bottom):
 

Diptych Visual light (top) and simulated bee vision image (bottom):
 

Interesting to see how in reflected UV light and especially in simulated bee vision imaging, the center piece shows otherwise invisible patterns.


Stay tuned, more will follow on that fascinating subject...

More info on this very interesting field may be found on my site http://www.pbase.com/kds315/uv_photos